Davidson Dental Education is a level I extra curricular program designed for dental assistants and dental hygienists that wish to pursue further education and skills to benefit their office and patients. In order to attend classes, the dental assistant must have a minimum of 3 months of experience in clinical dental assisting as a RDA or graduated from an accredited dental assisting school. Any licensed dental hygienist may take this program. If the student is wanting to do level II expanded functions training, level I training must be completed first.
Complete Active Level I Expanded Functions
Monitoring Nitrous Oxide
Ortho Expanded Functions
Temp Crowns & Class I Fillings
We will also offer the four courses that were removed as continuing education credit. This class will be done online and at your office. All testing and hands-on demonstrations will need to be completed for credit.
Con Ed Class of 4 Removed Expanded Functions
- For classes with active expanded functions, there will be a pre-test prior to each section to assess student's current knowledge.
- All video lectures are presented online to view at the student's convenience
- For classes with active expanded functions, final exams will be given on-site during one of the class dates listed on the 'Upcoming Classes' page, and there will be time to ask questions or go over anything before taking the exams. (The con ed class for the 4 removed expanded functions will have final exams completed at your office and proctored by your doctor.)
- Grading will be pass/fail with 75% required for passing the final written exam
- After receiving a passing grade, students will be asked to perform a functional hands on understanding of each course. Students taking active expanded functions may perform some of these on-site after taking their exams.
- When the student passes both the final exam, and turns in the student documentation of training form, they will receive their certificate of completion.
- Time will be given for remediation and questions about class difficulties.
***Class location is in the lower level of Davidson Family Dentistry. Please park in the lower level of Davidson Family Dentistry's parking lot.